Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Spreading the Love


Brian over at Peace of Cake has been working for about a year helping to develop a great new play, written by Kevin Podgorski. It's titled F*ck Me, B*at Me, L*ve Me. I saw a staged reading of it a few months back, though 'staged reading' is inaccurate for something as fully realized as this was. I thought the writing, acting, and directing were all fantastic. The play deals with some complex, difficult stuff in gay life and relationships, and I was blown away by it. For one entire scene two really hot guys were in their underwear, and it should tell you something that I was able to concentrate on something besides the sexy dragon tattoo climbing up one guy's thigh. The writing was that compelling.

Brian and Kevin have decided to produce the play themselves. Accordingly, they're in the process of fundraising; over at Brian's blog you can send donations to his paypal account. If you have a little change burning a hole in your pocket, and you'd like to help bring a smart, funny, sexy new play to its just fame, go on over. Every little bit helps, seriously. Hey B, maybe you can post some press photos if/when you get some? (Hope it's okay that I stole your headshot.)


Brian, by the way, has been the source of much good in my life. I have him to thank for introducing me to Joss Whedon, Neil Gaiman, Russell Davies' Dr. Who, John Barrowman, and Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, just for starters. So if you'd like to help a talented artist and a nice guy, drop some moolah over at his blog.


I won't be making these kinds of pleas here often; I just think this one is worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug!

Greg said...

OMG, you've met Neil Gaiman!?!?! Since Shakespeare, he's the one who plays with words best in my book! I just love his "Sandman" series...

Statcounter